We’re Wansdyke Scouts and welcome to our world.
At Scouts, our aim is to prepare young people with the skills they need for life, in a fun, nurturing and safe environment.
Wansdyke Scouts is a district (collection of groups and units) across North East Somerset. We have 9 groups, each containing Beaver Colonies, Cub Packs and Scout Troops, 5 Explorer Scout Units and a Network section.
From Midsomer Norton to Chew Stoke to Keynsham, we’re there.
Wherever you are in the UK, you’re never more than 10 miles from a Scout meeting place.
Our groups and units are in a range of locations. Whether you’re looking to go hiking in High Littleton or swimming in Saltford, one of our groups is close by; ready to help you ignore the butterflies and jump in.
Driven by strong values, and proud to do the right thing.
Since the birth of Scouting in 1907, we’ve stuck by our guiding principles and aren’t afraid to speak out.
- Integrity – We act with integrity; we are honest, trustworthy and loyal.
- Respect – We have self-respect and respect for others.
- Care – We support others and take care of the world in which we live.
- Belief – We explore our faiths, beliefs and attitudes.
- Co-operation – We make a positive difference; we co-operate with others and make friends.
By 2023 we will have prepared more young people with skills for life, supported by amazing leaders who deliver an inspiring programme.
We want to…
- Grow: we believe Scouts changes lives so we want to give every young person in the UK the opportunity to join.
- Become more inclusive: everyone, regardless of their background, should be able to participate in Scouts
- Be more youth shaped: every young person should be shaping their experience and developing their leadership potential
- Impact our communities: through social action, Scouts makes a difference not just to the individual but to whole communities.